Do you keep personal information and sensitive business documents on your laptop? Do you and your team use passwords, security keys, or credentials to protect your software and data in the cloud? Have you imagined the damage to your life and your business if these were revealed, exploited, or lost?
No matter the size of your organization, security affects us all.
Large companies know the importance—and pay trained security specialists to work on security full time. But what about the rest of us? It’s time there was a comprehensive resource that helps any of us, no matter our role or the size of our business, keep our people, systems, and data secure.
Securing your business can be daunting, especially when you’re small. That’s why Security for Everyone offers low-cost, scalable solutions to securing your startup or growing business. It will test your personal security assumptions and practices, which will set you up to lead security for an ever-growing team. You’ll learn frameworks for understanding security at different stages of your business, and be guided on a practical journey from secure individual to security leader.
Security for Everyone focuses on practical, flexible, step-by-step, affordable approaches that can scale to suit your situation and needs, in language non-technical folks can understand.
- Why security matters and how it applies to our business, systems, data, and people.
- How to protect your own data and key accounts online (such as email and social media)—not just for your own benefit but for the safety of those you care about.
- How to protect your small business and the key data and tools you rely on to operate—from your website to your email—whether you are protecting yourself or working with a service provider.
- How to protect your startup and maximize your chance of survival as you take big risks and innovate—from vulnerability management as the technical environment team grows, to communicating security with your customers.
- How to scale your security for your growing organization—moving your security approach from foundations, to weaving security through your day to day operations and assessing the threats you face as your strategy changes.